Become a Pony Club Member
There are many benefits to joining a Pony Club.
Pony Club Member Benefits include:
- Join Australia’s oldest and largest equestrian organisation
- Fun and friendship in a community environment
- 240+ Clubs for riders with their own horse
- A wide variety of Olympic, non-Olympic and recreational horse sports
- Competition opportunities at club, zone, state and even national level
- As well as rallies and competitions, Clubs also arrange a range of social activities and local visits
- Many Clubs also hold annual Pony Club Camps
- Personal Accident and Public Liability Insurance Cover
- Qualified Coaches
- Coaching Accreditation Scheme
- Evidence-based education about horse riding, training care and welfare
- An internationally-recognised Syllabus of Instruction with eight Proficiency Certificates and workbook manuals for each level
- Merit and values-based awards
- International exchange opportunities
- Member-only offers and activities
- Newsletters, information and education
- Volunteering – volunteers are the backbone of Pony Club and by helping and learning, you can strengthen your CV, learn new skills and support your local community. This includes parents and other family members as well
Come and Try Membership
Entitles the member to “Come and Try” Pony Club for a day. The Come and Try membership does not have the personal accident insurance however does have the Liability Cover. Come and Try membership may be used once and is valid for one month. If the member elects to join as a full member prior to their Come and Try membership expiring then the value will be discounted from their full membership. A Come and Try does not allow a member to compete.
Junior Riding Membership
A Junior Riding Member is a riding member under the age of 17. Please note for junior riders, each family must also have at least one registered adult non-riding member.
Associate Riding Membership
An Associate Riding Member is a riding member aged 17-24yrs as at 1st Jan each year. Please note that for all riders under the age of 18, each family must have at least one adult non-riding member
Adult Riding Membership
An adult riding club member is one aged over 25 and under 80 years of age.
Non Riding Membership
Non-Riding Membership for all members above the age of 18. Compulsory for a parent to accompany a junior riding member and be on the grounds. This is for the first parent/guardian in each family.