The initial Pony Club NSW Advisory Committee Term was completed in 2022 and it is now time to call for Expressions of Interest from interested parties. Closing date for applications is 6th February 2022. The first meeting for each committee will take place prior to the State Council Meetings to be held in late March.
Advisory Committee Selection Criteria:
- Maximum of 5 appointed persons in each Advisory Committee
- Advisory Committee members must be current Pony Club NSW members
- Advisory Committee term is 3 years or part thereof. Persons may serve a maximum of 2
- Persons may only sit on 2 Advisory Committees at any one time. State Executives may
only sit on 1 Advisory Committee at any one time.
- Advisory Committees may co-opt up to 2 additional delegates with relevant qualifications
or experience within their sports. Those delegates may not necessarily be members of
Pony Club NSW.
- Advisory Committees will convene regularly throughout the year via Zoom and face-to-
face at the triannual Council Meetings. Prior to Council Meetings a report and any
recommendations is to be lodged with the Chair of the ZCI Committee.
- Advisory Committee appointments will be by a Selection Committee which will include the Chair of the ZCI Committee, Deputy Chair of the ZCI Committee and Pony Club NSW
President (or their nominated representative from the State Executive)
- Chair of the ZCI Committee and Pony Club NSW President are ex-officio members of the
The role of the Advisory Committee is to:
- Strive to improve the participation and standard of riders in their discipline,
- Work towards improving the management, planning and running of State Events,
- Keep up to date with rule changes by other State or National Organisations in their
respective discipline and advise Pony Club NSW of those changes, e.g. Equestrian
Australia, AMGA, NCCA etc.
- Annually, or as required, review the Pony Club NSW Blue Book section of the respective
discipline and advise of any changes required.
- In co-operation with the Pony Club NSW State Events Coordinator and the Nominated
Technical Delegate plan the annual State Events.
- Liaise with Pony Club NSW Coaching Director of needs within the discipline relative
to their position, e.g. Judges Schools, TD Schools, Rider information.
- Where required attend and assist TD and host zone in running State Events annually.
Travel expenses are reimbursed and share accommodation provided.
- Provide recommendations to Pony Club NSW Executive on selections for State Camp,
PCA Nationals teams and NSW representatives to PCA teams.