ROYAL CANBERRA SHOW
PCA NSW have not been advised by Royal Canberra Show Horse Section whether they will be hosting any further Pony Club classes.
SYDNEY ROYAL EASTER SHOW
Pony Club Competitions will be held on Monday 17 April 2023
Pony Club Classes will be in – Individual Riding Classes, Zone Teams of Four and Zone Pairs (riders wishing to compete in Pairs or Team of Fours must nominate for individual classes) as well as Area Team Showjumping and Area Team Sporting at the Sydney Royal.
Entries for all classes will be done through JustGo. Once again riders nominating for Pairs and Teams of Fours must have nominated for the individual classes.
Riders must be financial members of pony club at the time of the competition, be of RAS standard and have completed three rally days. Please check with your club secretary for your membership number and update your contact details as renewals for 2023 will be available soon.
Numbers have been limited to 40 riders per class and will go through a selection process, if necessary, so please note that only riders who are of a suitable standard should nominate for this competition – this will ensure the continuance of these classes for Pony Club members. Riders will be evaluated and selected by Zone/Area Instructors.
Team Showjumping competition is an Area teams competition with a maximum of 6 teams to participate, one form each area. Teams are selected from Zones within each Area and consist of four riders and two reserves.
Team Sporting they will be Area Teams with maximum of 6 teams to participate. Please note as per the Pony Club classes at the Sydney Royal the age for the Team Sporting riders is ages 12 & under 17 as at the first day of the show. All forms and entries must be submitted via the State Office as per Individual Rider Classes.
The Show will run from the 6th to the 17th April 2023 with Pony Club events on Monday 17th April 2023.
The RAS have provided us with the 2023 Pony Club details, please see JustGo. Please circulate this to all riders who wish to go to the 2022 Royal, this includes those riders who may not have been selected for Area Teams but are of a suitable standard and may be able to represent another Area to ensure that we have the full six areas for Team Sporting and Showjumping.
These forms should be returned to the relevant Team Manager (Zone or Area) for them to collate and check that all details have been competed. Team Mangers will then be responsible for entering these details in the RAS online system which is not likely to be available until early in the New Year.
Rider forms should be received by the Zone/Area Team Managers by the 14 January 2023, Pony Club Applications for entry is to be collated and completed by the Area/Zone Manger online by 18th January 2023.
For assistance with the online Entries, please contact out Competitions Administration Team at email@example.com or phone 02 4229 8799 (option 1).
Volunteers are needed to Gear Check and Steward at this event would you please contact the office on firstname.lastname@example.org with the times that you would be available to help.
Conditions of Entry:
- Birth certificates are NOT required to accompany entry forms, however all competitors MUST take their Birth Certificate with them to the Show for inspection if required.
- The RAS will not accept the application of any riders who nominates directly through the RAS, so please contact your Zone or Area manager to indicate your interest.
- Riders must complete the PCA NSW Horse ID form for all disciplines, these forms must be signed by your Zone Chief Instructor
- Nominations will be online and updated by the Zone or Area Manager, payments will be available via credit card or one Zone/Area cheque made out to the RAS NSW (no personal cheques will be accepted)
- Rider forms must be completed fully including rider and horse details. Rider details to include:
- Riders full name, address, rider RAS membership number (not parents RAS number), mobile phone, email
- Horses full name, horse microchip number (all horses must be microchipped) and registered with the Australian Animal Registry. riders with incompleted details will be returned to the zone/area and may miss the closing date
- Riders must indicate bump in and bump out times and these may not change unless previously organised via your Team Manager
- Riders may indicate that they wish to be allocated loft accommodation directly with the RAS, please note that this accommodation is strictly limited with only 3 people allowed per loft. This means that parents who are not Team Managers will need to make other accommodation arrangements.
- All Team Managers must supply a current valid Working with Children Check registration number to be verified by the Zone and the State Office
- Zones/Areas must complete the RAS cover sheet and Team Cover Sheet for all disciplines and include a Zone/Area contact as well as the Team Managers details (please ensure that Team Managers details include mobile phone, email and WWCC registration number)
- Riders must participate in the Pony Club Parade which is scheduled to take place at approximately 1pm on the day
- Riders MAY NOT substitute horses for this competition therefore all Teams must have at least one reserve (maximum of 2 per team) which must be entered on the relevant nomination forms clearly indicating that they are the reserve rider. No late entries of additional reserves will be accepted.
Please see the download section below for the relevant Entry Forms which will be updated once available.
Stabling and Accommodation
Stabling and Loft allocations will be confirmed by the RAS directly.
Access to Sydney Showground
NO PASS – NO ACCESS
As in previous years, entry tickets or correct accreditation is required to access Sydney Showground at all times.
Exhibitor Tickets will be mailed prior to your arrival on the Showground.
Exhibitor Information Guide
Please read the Exhibitor Information Guide carefully before arriving at the 2023 Sydney Royal Horse Show.